Missouri State Capitol Building
Completed in 1917, the historic Missouri State Capitol dominates Jefferson City’s skyline from all directions. Designed by Tracy and Swartout, the classical building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1969. Resting on a limestone bluff on the south bank of the Missouri River, it’s a total of 500,000 sq. ft. and sits on three acres of land.
In need of urgent repairs due to 15 years of deferred maintenance, Bulley & Andrews Masonry Restoration (BAMR) completed an extensive exterior renovation of the capitol clad with Carthage marble and Indiana limestone. The scope of work focused on restoring the deteriorating stonework facades on all elevations. Over multiple years, BAMR installed 4,500 new stones and partial stone replacement units, repointed 147,000 linear feet of joints, installed 25,300 of sealant and cleaned 166,000 square feet of stone.