Northwestern University Kresge Hall
Originally built in 1954, Kresge Centennial Hall is one of the most actively used building’s on Northwestern’s campus and was need of a significant upgrade. Bulley & Andrews served as construction manager for the gut and renovation project. Working with Northwestern beginning in preconstruction, the project involved a complete gut and renovation of the building’s 85,000 SF as well as the demolition and reconstruction of the building’s southeast wing, a five-story, 15,000 SF addition.
The renovation included educational spaces on the first and second floors, which incorporates high-tech learning centers, office and support space on the above floors for faculty and staff, and a common area equipped with a cafe.
Bulley & Andrews Masonry Restoration division had a part of the project as well, focusing on masonry repairs on the outside of the building. The project is designed to achieve LEED Silver certification.