St. Elmo Steak House
As the ornamental terra cotta that adorns the building’s roofline began to crumble, the St. Elmo Steak House owners called on Bulley & Andrews Masonry Restoration to repair and replace 71 different pieces of the building’s facade.
Opened in 1902, St. Elmo Steak House is Indianapolis’ oldest steakhouse in its original location. BAMR repaired the facade while preserving the building’s rich, historic architectural details. Expert coordination and attention to detail was needed during construction, as the restaurant remained fully operational.