The University of Chicago: Bookstore
The University of Chicago Bookstore was originally built as the campus’ Press Building in 1901. One of the oldest and largest continuously operating university presses in the United States, the University of Chicago Press also publishes the Chicago Manual of Style, a writing style guide used heavily throughout the United States. The Press moved to its current location in 2000, making way for the University’s Bookstore.
BAMR’s scope of work included replacement of limestone lintels, cornices, ashlars, quoins, mullions, and transom jambs. Additionally, BAMR replaced individual bricks and removed vines and other plant materials.