University of Chicago: Quadrangle Club
Established in 1893, the Quadrangle Club was originally a social club for male professors from different departments at the University of Chicago to gather and discuss various academic topics. Reflecting the changes society has made towards equality, the Quadrangle Club now offers membership to female faculty as well as parents and neighbors. The current clubhouse was designed by Howard Van Doren Shaw and completed in 1920. It houses dining rooms, a bar, lounges, and sleeping quarters.
BAMR’s scope of work included brick and limestone tuckpointing, and replacement of Pennsylvania bluestone units at ledges and chimney capstones. Additionally, BAMR oversaw roofing repairs and skylight replacement.